Microsleep

I am one of those who suffer from Micro Sleep problem. Especially when riding a motorcycle or driving a car alone. Alhamdulillah, until now, I have not been involved in an accident due to micro sleep.

What is micro sleep?, it can be understood as a state where the brain begins to rest or sleep while the eyes, hands and feet are still active. Among the causes of micro sleep is the problem of not sleeping enough so that the brain is still tired.

It is understood that micro sleep is one of the causes of accidents that take lives in Malaysia. In fact, I am not the only one experiencing this problem because my brother and uncle also experience it, especially when driving.

I accompanied my uncle to drive to his workplace. While chatting briskly, my uncle suddenly became silent. When I tried to see the uncle who was driving, he was already asleep. Fortunately, I managed to wake up my uncle before the accident happened.

It's just that I think my uncle is suffering from micro sleep not because of sleep disturbance but because of obesity problem. Uncle often falls asleep in the toilet without realizing it.

Unlike my brother's situation, he micro-sleeps due to the lack of proper quality sleep at night, causing sleepiness during the day. Because of that, my brother often experiences micro sleep symptoms, especially when driving to work

 When my brother was working in Kelantan, I was assigned to drop him off and pick him up from work due to his micro sleep problem.

How to ensure micro sleep does not happen?. Do not drink alcohol or highly caffeinated drinks. 

Try to get quality sleep and proper time. The most important thing is not to take an easy attitude in dealing with the issue of micro sleep because it can take our lives and the lives of our loved ones.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?