Political Reform

 My writing this time is purely my personal opinion or view. It refers to the latest political situation in the country. The country of Malaysia, in my opinion, is one of the countries that is unique in terms of politics.

I am not an expert on politics, but since I was a child until I was an adult, I followed the development of politics in my country. I learned about politics from my late father as I once shared that my father was a staunch supporter of the Semangat 46 and Barisan Nasional political parties.

History records that the Malays and politics are closely related, especially before the country achieved independence. This country developed through the wisdom of political leaders at that time. 

I just thought, is the goal of political people, still the same as before and after independence?. Do politics for the sake of the country and nation, not for personal interests or power?.

The political situation in the country is sure to attract attention for anyone to talk about. Starting from the formation of a unity government at the federal level after the 15th General Election, until the formation of a combined state government of Pakatan Harapan (PH) and Barisan Nasional (BN) in Pahang and Perak.

Pahang and Perak are among the states that held State Elections, the official results of the election saw results that may have been expected, perhaps the opposite. The party that was expected to win the majority, ended up experiencing a decline in support from voters. The situation is quite clear compared to the previous election.

I feel strange when the losing party succeeds in forming the state government while the party that won big in the state election. Be the opposition. In fact, that's a political toy. Today be an opponent, tomorrow be a friend. It depends on the goals of those involved in politics.

I'm sure the people always observe and evaluate every action of their political leaders. Hopefully the voters will start to know who their leader has been praised for so far. Honesty is a quality that is disappearing in humans, no matter who that person is.

For the next 5 years, what changes will political leaders give to the people who voted for them?. Is something better or vice versa?. The world predicts that the year 2023 will be a year of tears for the people of the world. Are we going to face the same situation?.

I hope, there is no situation where the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer. Is politics just for power, not to help the people who need more and more help?.

Maybe because of that, we need reforms in politics. As there is a reform in the age of Malaysians who are eligible to vote, from 21 years old and above to 18 years old and above. The results of the voter age limit reform can be seen in the results of the last 15th general election.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?