Smartphone

In Kelantan, when the monsoon season arrives, Putu Halba is definitely a cake that people like to enjoy because it tastes very tasty and delicious. Putu halba and monsoon season are very synonymous. 

Putu halba is made from cassava flour, Malacca sugar and grated coconut, the cooking method is also unique. However, there is another story I want to share, the story of an old grandmother who was selling Putu halba by the roadside.

Accompanied by her grandson, the grandmother was so busy preparing Putu halba orders for customers, including myself, that evening. At the same time, the grandmother chatted about her granddaughter, that day the grandmother had promised to buy a new smartphone for her granddaughter.

I smiled to myself, how lucky the children of today are. It is so easy for them to get what they want no matter what their family’s economic situation is, unlike me who only gets a chance to own a smartphone when entering University. After I persuaded my father to allow me to buy it.

I saw the granddaughter of the old grandmother, I think his age may be between 11 - 14 years old. I think there is no need for teenagers at such an age to own a smartphone because the price for a smartphone can reach hundreds of ringgit. But in the name of love, what the younger generation wants now, must be fulfilled by their parents.

I was reminded of the first mobile phone I bought, the nokia 3315, the price was in the range of RM500 - RM600 each. You can only call, sms & play snake games. 

The price of mobile phones back then was expensive and there were not many options like now. I have a mobile phone because of the need after successfully continuing my studies to the University, not like now, the lessons still do not know the direction but have something not needed at the time.

I worked for 4 years in Putrajaya and still can't afford to buy my dream smartphone. Teenagers now, even though they are still studying in school, can afford to wear expensive smartphones even for secondhand. When I went to school, from grade 1 to 6 up, I only had an old bicycle.

Teenagers now ?, if parents do not buy motorcycles, they will be furious not to go to school. Eventually parents had to give up and spend money to meet the needs of their children. 

Probably because of that, many parents hide about their children if they commit any offense, including crime. Not the same as Me & brother feel, Because unfortunately the parents on us, the pain we feel as punishment as a result of our mischief.

How is the situation in the future ?. At this point, there have been many differences that exist between the past and the present. The old grandmother had a good time joking with her grandson, after getting a mobile phone later, she had to be diligent in doing housework, especially in the kitchen.

In my time, there are no entertainment apps like now, even if there are people who are so naughty that they have to be arrested for khalwat or wear the title BOHSIA. For me, the present is even more great, through the sophistication of the age of technology, children or teenagers are so much fun dancing passionately and showcasing it to the public through certain apps.

I feel that when we feel or experience progress in any field, our morality should also improve, not the other way around. In the past, prostitutes were only found in certain places but now, they are able to find customers only using smartphone applications only. 

I came home after the order was ready in the package, I am also the same from then until now, which is unemployed. While the mobile phone I use is not as sophisticated as today's teenagers who are busy playing various online games. How different I am from teenagers now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?