Before University

I have a story while seat for the STPM exam, the 3rd exam I took while in high school. When I sat for the SPM exam, I was a student in the science stream, then switched to the literature stream when I sat for the STPM. 

From studying physics, chemistry and biology subjects to studying Malay literature.

Based on the SPM results, I am not eligible to continue my studies in form 6 in the science stream. Therefore, I appealed to further my studies to form 6 of the literary stream. 

My application was successful. I went to the same school before. It's just that I meet new friends who come from different schools. 

I once got an offer to further my studies to the certificate level at a nearby Polytechnic, but after thinking about it, I remained in Form 6. 

I studied 5 main subjects, it is economics, history, literature and Malay language. In addition, I also study the subject for the MUET examination, a compulsory examination for every student who wants to continue their education at the University level.

According to the education system in Malaysia, studying in Form 6 is the same as studying at the diploma level at a college or university. 

It's just that not many people were interested in continuing their studies to Form 6 at that time, especially Malay students in rural areas. 

Many prefer to study at polytechnics or private colleges which necessarily involve substantial tuition costs.

Although studying in form 6 is the same as studying at the diploma level, if a student does not study hard and constantly review the lessons, he is bound to fail. 

While in Form 6, I was given the opportunity to hold the position of Chief School Librarian. It gave me the opportunity to gain experience as a leader in a small group.

The learning system in form 6 is slightly different with form 1 to 5 students. Our textbooks are thicker than usual while the way we answer exam questions is also different. 

The questions given may be brief but the answers we should provide should be detailed. Probably because of that, many Form 6 students continue their studies at the University in law.

My main vehicle to go to school is definitely a bicycle from Form 1 until I finish sitting for the STPM examination. 

My father once suggested that I go to school by taxi but I did not want to after a few times late to class because of the difficulty of getting a taxi in the morning. 

In addition, the experience while in form 6 that is interesting in my opinion is the existence of senior and junior culture. Involves 2nd and first year form 6 students.

As the STPM exams approached, the students as usual in different modes, the exercises gathered alternately with additional classes conducted by the school. 

Eventually I obtained a 4P 1R result i.e. P refers to a full pass while R represents a half pass. Through that decision, I was eligible to continue my studies at the University level. 

It can be said that almost 80% -95% of my batch mate is eligible to continue their studies at the University level throughout Malaysia. 

Now the memories of being in form 6 will be kept in the memory until when, many of us have worked and got married. 

While I was still single, even though gray hair was growing on my face, when I sat pensively alone, it reminded me of the memories that were created when I was in Form 6. I hope this memory will last forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?