Mom Meet and Greet

 While chatting with my mom, suddenly my ears caught the sound of people greeting from outside of house. At first I thought it was a beggar as usual come to our house. 

Usually when it is almost the month of Ramadan, many beggars enter residential areas around Kelantan. Many of them come from Thailand.

When I was in front of the door, they asked if this is Fatimah's house ?(mother's nickname). Hearing a voice asking if this was Fatimah's house, my mother tried to recognize the voice.. 

When I invited guests into the house to meet my mother, only then did they get to know each other. Apparently they were old friends of mom

They have been friends since they were teenagers. My mother is now 71 years old. When my mother met her old friends, I saw my mother was very happy. 

I understand that as we get older, our relationships with friends become more strained. Each has a life of its own.

Will there be friends who come to visit me later, if I live as long as my mother ?. Honestly I'm a bit weak when it comes to friends, it means friends may be many just friends who are really patient with our shortcomings that may be greatly diminished.

Probably because of that, many senior citizens began to organize reunions of old friends. Due to the elderly, many have no time to sit and chat with friends because they are busy taking care of their families. 

It is through the reunion of old friends like this that makes the relationship as a friend stay close.

When old friends remember us and always follow our progress, it is something that is very valuable because even though each of us now has a different life story. 

My good friends like Ju and Safuan, during school or university, always met and hung out together. When each has a family and has children, more time is given to the family.

The older we get, the faster we go. A figurative expression of our lives as human beings. I was 40-years-old, it was getting harder to meet friends of the same age and work in the village. 

An old friend of the mother who came to visit, now lives with their children and of course outside Kelantan. Only when there is a short opportunity to meet existing friends like my mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?