Quarantine Center

 Throughout the period of being in the quarantine center, my daily routine and that of the other inmates was almost the same. As early as 4 am, officers will enter the quarantine hall to check the sugar content for diabetics. 

At first day I was at the quarantine center, I was woken up by the staff for the purpose of checking the blood sugar reading, because when I was at the CAC Ketereh Health Clinic, my blood sugar reading was quite high.

After that, some of us, including me, will prepare for the shower early, if it's too late, there will be congestion in the bathroom later. The bathing period, per one occupant, was quite long including myself. 

So I like to take an early morning shower rather than scramble. After taking a shower, sometimes I fall asleep again before being woken up for the congregational Subuh prayers at the surau.

Congregational obligatory prayers can be said to be attended by almost all residents of the quarantine center who are Muslims. 

No need to worry about social distance because we are all indeed COVID19 positive. After the Subuh prayers, drink warm tea with biscuits or bread before taking high blood pressure medication.

Usually at 9 am, a high blood pressure level and oxygen content will be checked for all residents.

Finish drinking early in the morning, lie down for a while while watching videos on your mobile phone. While other residents, some watch movies on TV, some go to bed and some read the Quran. 

Get up when breakfast arrives, eat first before the nurse does a health check. At the same time, the Dr on duty will contact one by one the residents to find out the latest state of their health status.

The period of time between breakfast time and noon prayers, much spent sleeping and video watching. 

There were residents who chatted between them for almost 24 hours, I also wondered, what topic they were chatting about. I realized it was noon and everyone prepared for prayers at the surau.

Dinner is available early around 6pm while evening tea is 9-10pm. My routine can be said to be just eating and sleeping. 

I'm soo bored, but that's the situation I have to go through to recover from this disease. The happiest time for the residents is when the Dr. issues a letter that allows the residents to return home.

We have a chief among us and called the Penghulu, who is changed every week as the quarantine period for those who are fully vaccinated is only a week. 

The night as early as 9 pm, almost all the occupants of the quarantine center began to sleep after a full meal of supper. For some people, it may be boring with the routine but for me, it is still fun, especially for me who lacks sleep all night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?