Intern MAHB Part 1

After I finished my studies in 2006, I had the opportunity to participate in a program organized by Khazanah Nasional, specifically for graduates who have finished their studies. The training period is for 12 months which is the first 2 months participants must enter training classes and the remaining 10 months undergo training at GLC under Khazanah Nasional Berhad.

After taking a screening test to determine which GLC is suitable for me to undergo 10 months of training. Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad (MAHB) was designated as my training location along with 3 other program participants.

I reported to Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad (MAHB). MAHB's headquarters at that time was located at Terminal 2, Subang Airport. I rented an apartment in Subang Bestari which is next to the airport. My main transport at the beginning was the bus before my father sent a motorcycle from the village.

On the first day of reporting to MAHB, I and other participants gathered at the human resources department. I was surprised because MAHB didn't seem to know about our arrival to report. 

Entering the 2nd day at the MAHB headquarters, we have just been placed in a certain part of the company based on the letter that Khazanah Nasional attached to MAHB. The human resources department thinks that I should undergo training at KLIA's Corporate Communications, but due to the distance between KLIA and Subang, I face problems with transportation and accommodation. I begged to be placed at the headquarters only. Finally I was placed in the Human Resource Development unit.

So began my journey at MAHB for 10 months, the Human Resource Development unit was led by a Senior Manager, 2 Managers, several Executives, Officers and clerks.

There are 5 - 6 sub units in the Human Resource Development Unit, each sub unit is headed by an Executive. It can be said that many become staff at MAHB, starting as an intern and then gaining the trust of top officials in addition to excellent results, eventually being absorbed.

MAHB general manager of Human Resources at first we want to assign coaches to KLIA I. GREEN but since we have a problem because of financial constraints have to pay a deposit of rental housing, we seek to be maintained in Subang, a decision that I now regret.

The Senior Manager as head of the Human Resource Development unit has assigned me to be under the supervision of each different Executive for a specified period. Until now, I still try to remember what input I got during those 10 months. That fact makes me cry alone because there is not a single input that can be used for my future career.

Our fate is not the same as our partner in other GLCs including MAS. Almost all of them were absorbed into the staff while we just got appreciation for the 10 months of training.

Although it is not my fortune to serve in the GLC. but I am still grateful & proud because the staff in the HRD unit gave me the best service during our 10 months together.

MAHB can be said to be my first experience after graduating from the University of Malaya in 2006. At that time, there was a situation of limited employment opportunities. If I am not mistaken, the world including Malaysia is experiencing an economic crisis.

I had the opportunity to attend the Airports Auxiliary Police training at MATC Penang, it can be said that almost 30% - 40% of the trainees are University graduates. As there are no job opportunities then they chose the Airports Auxiliary Police field.

Based on the monthly income earned by a member of the Airport Auxiliary Police at that time, then it is not detrimental if a graduate chooses to be from the MAHB family. This is because after becoming part of the staff, they still have the opportunity to advance their careers internally.

Now more than 10 years of my story undergoing training at MAHB has passed, it is now like a record of past history in my life, I wish I was wrong destiny, maybe not because what happened or happened is my own choice.

I am not sure if the staff at MAHB still remember me or not, some have died, some have retired, some have achieved the dream career advancement. MAHB at first I was reminded of the future apparently the past history which has various colors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?