The International Affairs Unit

The International Affairs Unit was the last branch I was assigned to before my contract with the National Youth and Sports Department (JBSN) ended at the end of December 2015.

Due to the lack of staff in the International Affairs Unit, I was transferred from another Branch by the Deputy Director General of the Youth Development Division. The organization chart of this unit at that time, was led by a Director, his Deputy, 2 Assistant Directors and an assistant youth and sports officer.

I am a contract staff, so permanent staff who need help, can ask me to be their assistant. Therefore, I do whatever tasks are asked by the staff in the Unit. 

Unit receives many assignments related to the international youth exchange program which is the main task.

The implementation period of each program is very short with each other, starting with the Malaysia-Korea International Youth Exchange program, Malaysia-Indonesia international youth exchange, Malaysia-India international youth exchange program and some unexpected programs. 

Unexpected programs such as a visit program involving 22 school students from SBP schools were selected to follow the delegation to Japan for 10 days. 

Each student selected is a student for Japanese language subjects. Procedure after procedure should be done as time goes on. 

I was given the task of assisting the officers involved by become a communication officer between the Ministry of Youth and Sports and the Ministry of Education Malaysia. 

There were times when I had to communicate with the Principal of the School or the Officer of the State Education Department release for students to follow the program.

The advantage of joining this unit, in my opinion is that it is able to help me improve my communication or writing skills in English.

Especially when in contact with representatives from the countries involved. I was once asked by my superiors to communicate with officials from Japan regarding some issues in the Ship for Southeast Asian and Japanese Youth Program SSEAYP program. 

I had to communicate with a representative of the Japanese government regarding the SSEAYP program. Every word, I try to refine because it needs to be written in English and sent via email.

For the preparation of SSEAYP program participants. I have to travel from Putrajaya to the Klang Young Partner Complex (KRM) for a week. KRM Klang was chosen because the facilities offered are complete and comfortable for the participants involved. 

I was assigned to look at the needs of the participants for the week. Especially in terms of food for the participants.

Worked in an international affairs unit provides a different work experience from a previous branch or unit. It gives me more exposure to communication skills or dealing with other agencies or ministries. For example, the Korean or Indonesian international youth exchange program. I have to get permission from the agency involved in the business of visiting the places listed by my superiors. 

When faced with the bureaucracy, I was able to manage it without the need to complicate the situation, it is better to build my skills as a media studies graduate majoring in public relations.

Although I provide excellent service. My service was also terminated by the Ministry on 31 December 2015, although sadly, it was a risk that I had to face as a daily contract worker. 

IAU is one of my best experiences in the National Department of Youth and Sports or the Ministry of Youth and Sports Malaysia.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?