Big Family


When I was drive around Ketereh, I passed an old house that kept many memories especially when I was a child, my grandfather's house in the village of Pangkal Kalong. In the past, when my mother went to work, my father would leave me at home from morning to evening. Grandma who would prepare lunch and dinner for me and the nieces and nephews who lived together in the house. Now the old house, my closest relative lives, his family lives in Shah Alam, only a cousin who is the same age as me lives alone in the house.

The neighbors around the old house are my relatives. But now, one by one, my relatives have passed away. The saddest thing is when the new generation does not know their relatives as well as their parents know. It included myself being so ignorant of my own relatives unless someone asked who I was. Maybe that's the nature of human life when it comes to family relationships. I still remember how my father's attitude when he heard about his relatives, would be immediately visited if anyone was ill.

Unlike me, it is difficult to pilgrimage even if the family relationship is very close. Imagine a very close relative, has passed away but I do not know until now did not visit his family members. As much as I and the younger generation are now insensitive to maintaining this kinship relationship, the practices of the people of the past are increasingly not practiced. Indeed maintaining this relationship of kinship is very important as it is a sunnah in Islam.

When my father passed away, so many relatives near or far were on pilgrimage that it was strange to observe the neighbors with the presence of so many relatives. The fact that it was my duty to continue family ties with living relatives, seems to have failed altogether. One by one the known old people died without having time for the pilgrimage of his family members who are my relatives.

I saw my cousin who lives in my grandfather's house now. Very friendly with the villagers of Pangkal Kalong, many villagers recognized him based on my observation when having breakfast with him at the stall, it made me smile proudly. if I failed to continue the kinship relationship in the village after my grandfather and father were gone. There are still relatives of mine who maintain the relationship forever, my cousin is no longer called an outsider because his life is now quite compatible with life in the village..

Why is it important that we maintain this family relationship? Perhaps because it is the culture of the Malays, I only know that Islam itself requires for children for their parents who have passed away to maintain contact with their relatives. Perhaps only relatives will help if we or our heirs are in trouble in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?