Am I an athlete?

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a person in the category of obesity, weighing up to 130 kg. However, this situation did not stop me from get involved in sports activities. Some may be wonder, what sport is suitable for people like me ?. Among the sports events I have participated in since primary school, there are definitely the "Shot Put" and "Tug WAR" sports events. This is because it requires energy on the wrist alone compared to other sports activities.

My first involvement in the sport of 'Shot Put' when I was 12 years old. Representing the red team for the primary school level sports tournament. I became the champion in the match. Next I represented  the red house team. At that time, each teacher is given the responsibility of selecting students to represent the team for the event being competed. Each teacher chooses the easy way by finding students with large body size to represent the team for the shot put event.

I’m not an athlete, just because I’m obese, so I was chosen to engage in sports that use strength like shot put. In fact, there were more potential students at that time, in my opinion, maybe the teacher wanted to take the easy way out and chose me as the representative for the sports event. I have only been involved 2 times in shot put events, namely the home level sports and the school level or school representative for shot put sports events.

Honestly as a man, I am interested in sports, only based on the physicality that I have makes me only able to be interested but less competitive to be involved in any kind of sport. If at the primary school level, I was a student whose physical form was a little bigger among the students, the situation was a little different when I was in secondary school. Many students were physically stronger than I was back then.

In high school, I tried the sport of tug of war, even though I looked strong, the fact being the opposite when it came time for matches between students. I always lose matches. I continued to try the sport of tug of war when I studied at the University of Malaya, representing the residential college team. In one game back then, my team was up against the 12th college team if I’m not mistaken. Opposing team members consist of members of the national rugby team. Hearing the name of the national rugby team, we must get a picture of the physique of the members of the team. My team lost a few matches between residential colleges.

After a long time, suddenly one of the bosses in the Ministry of Youth and Sports Malaysia, offered me to be the captain of the tug-of-war team. The answer is no, there are still those who are more qualified and great to lead the team than I am.

Now I am just an old man who is still physically chubby but increasingly lifeless to fight in the sports arena. Either a ‘bullet throw’ arena or a ‘tug of war’. It is enough for me to tell my grandchildren that his grandfather used to be a sports athlete, but there is no certificate of appreciation for losing badly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?