Retirement Plans


As far as I remember, my mother retired around 1995 or 1996, when I was in grade 6 or form 1. My mother chose to retire as an option because she was tired of going back and forth to work from Ketereh to Pengkalan Chepa, the distance between them was quite long. In fact, my mother was involved in a minor accident while on her way to work.

The value of the mother's pension at that time was lower than now, to increase income after retirement. Mom plans to start a beverage & fried food business in a tray. In Ketereh, the food menu is in high demand, especially among school students. Using the pension gift money, my mother set up a small shop in front of my grandfather's house. At first the business that the mother did went smoothly as planned, however it only lasted a few months.

My father's health condition at that time was unsatisfactory which was one of the reasons, my mother stopped doing business. Although not yet obtained a return of capital on the business done.

Honestly, the value of the mother's and father's pension at that time was less than a thousand ringgit. But with that value, I am proud that mothers and fathers still fulfill the desires of their children. I myself was sad to see the mother’s planning after retirement not going well. Our family have accepted what has happened.

With low pension values, mom and dad were still able to send us to University. I know our parents lived hard from childhood until now. Therefore, they want their children to succeed in life, thank God my brother and I managed to get a bachelor's degree. The mother's stall was sold to the husband of the grandmother's sister who had just finished working as an estate worker in Kuala Krai. A man who can cook roti canai, the food menu is a favorite among Malaysians from then until now.

Since the business plan failed, the mother only saved through the flea system. A popular way for some people of the village, in order to give money to the brother and I are in the University. Fortunately before retirement, the mother bought a very comfortable house for us as a family. Although difficult, we are grateful, only I until now still sadly failed to fulfill all my mother's dreams and personal dreams for mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman menjadi Guru

AKU PELAJAR PENGAJIAN MEDIA,

BAGAIMANA MENJADI TELEMARKETING?